Before users can do anything with Bime, they must set up a data connection by clicking on the "new" button. This tab displays all of the data connections.
• Screen lacks context, users don't know what to do or why
• No clear starting point or steps
• Users rarely need to revisit data sources after they are connected
This tab shows all of the queries (or reports) a user has created from their data connections. Queries can be grouped together to form a dashboard.
• A user would expect to create a new query from this page but must do this from within a data connection or a dashboard
• Zendesk customers use queries to answer important questions about their data & often don't need to assemble a dashboard. Queries should be just as much of a focus of the UI as a dashboard.
• Queries should be easy to sort & organize
Users land on the dashboard tab containing links to all of the dashboards a user has created or has access to edit
• No way to see dashboards that have been shared with you from your account
• On shared dashboards, there are not notifications or indicators about other's updates or activity
• UI always displays editing capabilities like tool bars and menus, even though the majority of usage is simply viewing dashboards